Registration Form Here
It's time to make plans for the next Reunion, May 29-31, 2019.
Departing from our practice of past, the 2019 Reunion of the Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Ry. Preservation Society will take place later in the spring, May 29-31, and “off the property” in a community not served by the historical NC&StL – Cleveland, Tenn., on I-75 about 35 miles northeast of Chattanooga.
We have accepted an invitation from ScaleTrains of nearby Benton, Tenn., to tour their facility and take a 3 1/2-hour ride on a Hiwassee River excursion passenger train of the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. A $75 per person fee includes a ScaleTrains factory tour, lunch, shuttle bus to the train, train ride aboard two climate-controlled coaches, and souvenir model freight car. Please note: The $75 ScaleTrains fee is in addition to the NCPS Reunion registration of $50 ($60 after May 10). If you’ve signed up for this event, you will receive a separate invoice for it. Tickets are nearly sold out. This is a prelude to the annual meeting in Chattanooga of the Southeastern Region, National Model Railroad Association – "Choo-Choo City Rails," May 30-June 2.
Note: NCPS pre-purchased a block of tickets for the day's excursion and members who requested reservations will be invoiced separately at $75 per person. At the time of this printing, only 2 of our tickets remain unsold, and ScaleTrain’s website says that all of their train tickets are “SOLD OUT – temporarily.” When our 2 are gone, you will have to contact ScaleTrains directly to see if more tickets are available. The cost is $75 per person, which includes the tour, lunch, the train ride & one model railroad car. Although the excursion is “open seating,” ScaleTrains has advised us they will attempt to get all of our block of tickets into the same coach car.
Our NCPS Reunion hotel will be the Holiday Inn Express, 4355 Holiday Inn Express Way, Cleveland TN 37312, 423-790-1199. We have reserved a block of 15 rooms at $129.59 a night, tax included. All rooms are non-smoking and have either one king or two queen beds. Rooms must be re-served using a debit or credit card by May 7 to receive the guaranteed rate. When calling, refer to NCPS to receive the group rate. If anyone has difficulty with the hotel identifying our group or group rate prior to May 8, contact Bill Lightfoot.
Additional details are contained in the 2019 Reunion Registration Form.
More information can be found in Dixie Flyer, Spring, 2019
Registration Price includes Pasta buffet Wednesday evening, and Chicken Dinner on Thursday evening.
- $50 - NCPS Member
- $50 - Member Spouse
- $70 - Non-member (but if you add $20 membership, you can register at the $70 level)
- $10 - Late fee after May 1
Please note: The Registration price does NOT include Thursday's outing to ScaleTrains and train Hiwassee train ride.
Registration Form Here
Wednesday, May 29
- 3-5 p.m. Registration, Meet & Greet at Holiday Inn Express, 4355 Holiday Inn Express Way, Cleveland, TN
- 6:30 pm: Wednesday - Pasta Buffet Dinner at Holiday Inn Express meeting room, followed by Annual Business Meeting
Thursday, May 30
- Continental breakfast at motel
- 10:00 am ScaleTrains opens in Benton, TN (Free parking) Carpool on your own.
- 11:45 am Catered Barbecue lunch served by ScaleTrains
- 1:15 pm at ScaleTrains, board Hiwassee River Rail buses
- 1:30 pm Train departs from Etowah,TN
- 5:00 pm Train returns; ride buses back to ScaleTrains site
- 6:00 pm ScaleTrains closes
- 6:30 pm Catered dinner and memorabilia displays at Holiday Inn Express
Friday, May 31